Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Carling Cup fourth round.

Off to The Lane tonight to see defending Carling Cup champions Tottenham Hotspur take on Liverpool, who are currently second in the Premier League on goal difference.

Liverpool came to White Hart Lane last Sunday and left with no points after Spurs came from a goal down to win 2-1 in stoppage time. It will be a different story tonight as I think both managers will rest some first teamers though I think Rafa will rest more than Harry. Liverpool think they are chasing a title and so this is one cup they aren't all that interested in. Spurs on the other hand probably won't be qualifying for Europe through the league again this season and so will see the Carling Cup as their best opportunity to do so. Plus, they will be keen to defend the trophy they won this year in February.

Gerrard and Keane won't play for Liverpool but Torres will and he is always dangerous. Spurs are on a great run since Harry came on board but it has to end eventually. I'm not saying it's going to be tonight but it wouldn't surprise me if it does. I'm still going to tip Spurs but I'm going to say 2-1 after extra time.

Come on you Spurs

No comments: